What is Minikube? What is Kubectl? Minikube and Kubectl setup for beginners. Setup a minikube cluster locally.
► Subscribe To Me on Youtube: https://bit.ly/2z5rvTV
Usually in a production cluster setup you will have multiple master and worker nodes on separate machines. 💪🏼 But what if you want to test something on your local machine or try something out Setting up the whole cluster would be difficult or even impossible. 🤨
For that use case you can use *minikube*: a ONE Node cluster, where the master and worker processes are on the same machine.
*Kubectl*, the command line tool for Kubernetes, then enables the interaction with the cluster: to create pods, services and other components.
▬▬▬▬▬▬ T I M E S T A M P S
0:00 – Intro
0:12 – What is minikube?
2:16 – What is kubectl?
4:13 – install minikube and kubectl
6:50 – create and start a minikube cluster
10:00 – start the cluster in debug mode
Installation guide for Minikube (Mac, Linux and Windows): https://minikube.sigs.k8s.io/docs/start/
Installation guide for Kubectl: https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/install-kubectl/
If you are using Mac, you can follow along the commands. I listed them all here:
What is Kubernetes? 👉🏼 https://youtu.be/VnvRFRk_51k
Kubernetes Components explained? 👉🏼 https://youtu.be/Krpb44XR0bk
For any questions/issues/feedback, please leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Also please let me know what you want to learn about Docker & Kubernetes.
#kubernetes #kubernetestutorial #devops #techworldwithnana
This video is the 17th of a complete series for beginners. At the end of this tutorial you will fully understand Docker and Kubernetes.
⭐️ Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy7NrYWoggjwPggqtFsI_zMAwvG0SqYCb
The complete step-by-step guide to Docker and Kubernetes will include the following topics:
🐳 DOCKER basics:
– Container concept
– Why docker? (image vs. traditional DevOps)
– Install docker on different operating systems
– 8 basic commands you need to know (2 parts)
– Docker vs. Virtual Machine
– Docker in Practice: Overview of whole development process with Docker (development, continuous delivery, deployment) Probably 3-5 videos including Docker-Compose, Dockerfile, Private Repository.
– Docker Volumes in theory and practice
✵ KUBERNETES basics:
– Main Kubernetes components (including Pod, Service, Ingress, Volumes, ConfigMap, Secrets, Deployment, StatefulSet)
– Kubernetes architecture for beginners (master, slave nodes & processes)
– How Kubernetes makes high availability, scalability and disaster recovery possible
– Minikube, Kubectl – set up the cluster
– Kubectl basic commands – Demo
– Configuration file (YAML) – syntax
– Communication between the pods – basic networking concepts in Kubernetes
– K8s Deployment in practice – example application deployment (pod + service + Ingress + secret)
– K8s Volumes explained
– K8s Namespaces
✅ Connect with me
Subscribe on Youtube: ► https://www.youtube.com/c/TechWorldwithNana?sub_confirmation=1
DEV: ► https://dev.to/techworld_with_nana
Instagram: ► https://www.instagram.com/techworld_with_nana/
Twitter: ► https://twitter.com/Njuchi_/
Kubernetes and the Kubernetes logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of The Linux Foundation in the United States and/or other countries. The Linux Foundation and other parties may also have trademark rights in other terms used herein. This video is not accredited, certified, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Kubernetes or The Linux Foundation.