This MapReduce tutorial will help you learn what is MapReduce, an analogy on MapReduce, the steps involved in MapReduce, how MapReduce performs parallel processing, MapReduce workflow, the architecture of MapReduce and a demo on MapReduce. MapReduce is a programming framework that processes data parallelly on multiple data nodes. You will understand how MapReduce accepts data in various formats, splits and records the data to generate input key-value pairs, uses mappers and combiners to generate intermediate key-value pairs and then uses shuffle, sort and reduce to generate the final output and stores it on HDFS. Finally, you will get hands-on expertise on how to run tasks using MapReduce. Now, let’s get started and learn MapReduce in detail.
Free Big Data Hadoop Spark Developer Course:
Below are explained in this MapReduce tutorial:
1. MapReduce Analogy (02:49)
2. What is Hadoop MapReduce? (04:46)
3. Parallel processing in MapReduce (10:31)
4. Hadoop MapReduce Workflow (11:05)
5. MapReduce Architecture (18:00)
6. Demo on MapReduce (20:41)
To learn more about Hadoop, subscribe to our YouTube channel:
To access the slides, click here:
Watch more videos on Hadoop training:
#MapReduce #MapReduceinHadoop #HadoopMapReduce #MapReduceArchitecture #HadoopTutorialForBeginners #LearnHadoop #HadoopTraining #HadoopCertification #SimplilearnHadoop #Simplilearn
Simplilearn’s Big Data Hadoop training course lets you master the concepts of the Hadoop framework and prepares you for Cloudera’s CCA175 Big data certification. With our online Hadoop training, you’ll learn how the components of the Hadoop ecosystem, such as Hadoop 3.4, Yarn, MapReduce, HDFS, Pig, Impala, HBase, Flume, Apache Spark, etc. fit in with the Big Data processing lifecycle. Implement real life projects in banking, telecommunication, social media, insurance, and e-commerce on CloudLab.
What is this Big Data Hadoop training course about?
The Big Data Hadoop and Spark developer course have been designed to impart an in-depth knowledge of Big Data processing using Hadoop and Spark. The course is packed with real-life projects and case studies to be executed in the CloudLab.
What are the course objectives?
This course will enable you to:
1. Understand the different components of Hadoop ecosystem such as Hadoop 2.7, Yarn, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Impala, HBase, Sqoop, Flume, and Apache Spark
2. Understand Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and YARN as well as their architecture, and learn how to work with them for storage and resource management
3. Understand MapReduce and its characteristics, and assimilate some advanced MapReduce concepts
4. Get an overview of Sqoop and Flume and describe how to ingest data using them
5. Create database and tables in Hive and Impala, understand HBase, and use Hive and Impala for partitioning
6. Understand different types of file formats, Avro Schema, using Arvo with Hive, and Sqoop and Schema evolution
7. Understand Flume, Flume architecture, sources, flume sinks, channels, and flume configurations
8. Understand HBase, its architecture, data storage, and working with HBase. You will also understand the difference between HBase and RDBMS
9. Gain a working knowledge of Pig and its components
10. Do functional programming in Spark
11. Understand resilient distribution datasets (RDD) in detail
12. Implement and build Spark applications
13. Gain an in-depth understanding of parallel processing in Spark and Spark RDD optimization techniques
Who should take up this Big Data and Hadoop Certification Training Course?
Big Data career opportunities are on the rise, and Hadoop is quickly becoming a must-know technology for the following professionals:
1. Software Developers and Architects
2. Analytics Professionals
3. Senior IT professionals
4. Testing and Mainframe professionals
5. Data Management Professionals
6. Business Intelligence Professionals
7. Project Managers
8. Aspiring Data Scientists
Learn more at:
For more information about Simplilearn courses, visit:
Get the Android app:
Get the iOS app: