Ansible Tower: Scheduling Playbooks / Jobs
In this video I talk about how to schedule playbooks / jobs in Ansible Tower for recurring tasks such as backups and updates.
With Ansible itself this could be done via Cron jobs:
(for example, the entry below could be found in the crontab file)
5 11 * * * /usr/bin/ansible-playbook -i path-to-hosts-file playbook.yml
See https://crontab.guru for scheduling nomenclature.
Use Schedules in Ansible Tower.
1) Create a new Job in Templates.
2) Fill out the information in the Details tab.
3) Navigate to Schedules tab and add when you want the job to run.
4) Save the Job and Schdule.
5) You can see all of your scheduled jobs in the Schedules section.
- Agile Coach
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Block chain
- Business Analyst BA
- DATA science
- Devops Automation
- Free Job training and assistance
- Infrastructure automation
- Interview questions
- Machine learning
- Python Automation
- QA Automation
- RPA Automation
- SAP crm
- Scrum master Agile
- UI Design